Microsoft Product Team makes changes and add new features in each and every release to make the Power Apps Studio the best tool to fit the developer needs and these features will undergo different number of stages before they roll out globally.
Also, whenever you open an App, you can see the below Preview, Experimental and Retired features under the App Settings.
In general, when you are creating a new app, by default,
- Preview features are Turned On and soon they will be incorporated into the Tool and there will no option to Turn Off this feature.
- Experimental features are Turned Off and they have to use them with caution, and this is because these features can be changed or removed permanently from the Tool.
- Retired features are Turned Off, and the features are ready to be removed from the Tool soon and the documentation will be provided to use alternative feature instead of the retired feature.
Features will go through the below stages before they are released officially,
- Experimental: This feature is not ready yet and it may undergo different changes and also you cannot rely on it.
- Preview: This feature is almost done and also it is stable, and you can start using this feature for the New or Existing Apps.
- Shipped: This feature is done, and it will be part of all the Apps, and it cannot be Turned Off.
Click here to know more about this article.
Hope you have understood about the Preview, Experimental and Retired features in the Power Apps Studio.
Please share your valuable feedback on this article.
My earlier articles related to Dynamics 365 CE that you can have a look.