Microsoft Product Team makes changes and add new features in each and every release to make the Power Apps Studio the best tool to fit the developer needs and these features will undergo different number of stages before they roll out globally.
Also, whenever you open an App, you can see the below Preview, Experimental and Retired features under the App Settings.
In general, when you are creating a new app, by default,
- Preview features are Turned On and soon they will be incorporated into the Tool and there will no option to Turn Off this feature.
- Experimental features are Turned Off and they have to use them with caution, and this is because these features can be changed or removed permanently from the Tool.
- Retired features are Turned Off, and the features are ready to be removed from the Tool soon and the documentation will be provided to use alternative feature instead of the retired feature.
Features will go through the below stages before they are released officially,
- Experimental: This feature is not ready yet and it may undergo different changes and also you cannot rely on it.
- Preview: This feature is almost done and also it is stable, and you can start using this feature for the New or Existing Apps.
- Shipped: This feature is done, and it will be part of all the Apps, and it cannot be Turned Off.
Click here to know more about this article.
Hope you have understood about the Preview, Experimental and Retired features in the Power Apps Studio.
Please share your valuable feedback on this article.
My earlier articles related to Dynamics 365 CE that you can have a look.
How to Enable the New Power Fx Formula Bar in Power Apps Studio?
Writing Power Fx formulas with natural language
Power Fx Formula Columns in Dataverse
Generating Power Fx formulas from examples
How to Create Dynamics 365 Marketing 30 Days Trial Version Online?
How to disable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) on Dynamics 365 Login?
How to Create Microsoft Power Apps 30 days Online Trial Version and an Environment?
How to Update the URL of the Dynamics 365 CE Environment?
Power Apps US Government service URLs
How to Download Microsoft Power Platform Icons?
Microsoft Dataverse and Postman articles
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online regions list
How to Install, Connect to Microsoft Dataverse and Use XrmToolBox?
How to take the Back-Up of Dynamics 365 Online environment?
How to restore Database Backup in Dynamics 365 Online?
How to recover a deleted Environment in Dynamics 365 CRM Online?