Even wondered what is Time and Materials Billing Backlog table in Project Operations which you see in the Sitemap but you might not be sure what records are in it –
Time and Materials Billing Backlog
Here’s the purpose of Time and Materials Billing Backlog entity –
- Given that you have 2 Time Entries Submitted for Approval to the Project Management / Account Manager.
- When the Time Entries are Submitted, the Approver receives them for Approval. The Project Approver can then Approve the Time Entries.
- Once they Approve the Time Entries, they are turned into Actuals (msdyn_actual) in Project Operations.
Then, Actuals are then Supposed to be marked as Ready to Invoice.
- So, when the Actuals are the created and even when they are marked Ready to Invoice, that’s when they appear in Time and Materials Billing Backlog view.
This table is in fact Actuals table itself! 😊 (There’s no Time and Entry Billing Backlog as a separate Table in Dataverse).
- In fact, Accounting managers or Project Managers can Ready the Actuals from the Time and Materials Billing Backlog table itself.
- Now, then the Invoice is created for the ready Actuals, they are added to Invoice Lines
- And then, they are removed from the Time and Materials Billing Backlog view.
Hope this was useful!