Today Power BI visuals can be listed as free or as visuals with additional paid features marked with price tag “Additional purchase may be required”. Until recently, for visuals with additional paid features, you had to manage and enforce users’ licenses and transactions on 3rd party websites.
To ease sales, boost revenue, and optimize operations for you, and to improve the experience for Power BI users, we are announcing a key enhancement to AppSource visuals. Introducing eCommerce transactability; You no longer need to redirect customers to a third party for transaction or license management. Now you can sell, manage, and enforce licenses directly through the commercial marketplace!
How does it work?
- Choose to transact your offer in Partner center
- Create public plans for everyone or private plans that are available and visible only to specified customers. Define pricing per user.
- Customers can find the licensed offers and the the associated plans in AppSource
And complete checkout in AppSource.
- After purchase customers assign and manage licenses in Microsoft 365Admin center.
- License checks are enforced in Power BI by using our licensing API, with a unified licensing experience for end users using our out-of-the box APIs.
- Gain insight into revenue from our reports in Partner center.
Checkout already available licensed visuals in AppSource
Learn more and try it out
This new capability is available now starting from API 4.7 and July Power BI Desktop release.
To get started:
We look forward to your feedback