Among the main innovations announced by Microsoft during the MSBuild2022 event we have Microsoft Power Pages which becomes in effect the fifth product of the Power Platform together with the already known Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI and Power Virtual Agents.
Previously, a subset of similar features, functionality and tools was made available as an extension within Power Apps, called Power Apps Portals:
Today, however, enriching itself with new features and a new and modern designer for development, it becomes an independent product of Microsoft’s low-code platform:
Microsoft itself defines Power Pages as a low-code SaaS platform for building websites in enterprise scenarios. With Power Pages, you can quickly design, configure, and publish websites securely using the same business data found in the Dataverse that is centralized by all other Dynamics 365 apps, workflows, and processes (CRM and ERP) in your organization.
Among the main strengths of Power Pages are:
- Pre-set templates based on the referenceindustry;
- Design Studio to create and design components in low-code mode;
- Rendering with native support for responsive and mobile;
- Integration via Power Platform CLI with Visual Studio Code for pro-code developers who need to extend standard functionality;
- Support for various authentication providers;
- Hosting on Azure Apps Service;
- Support for TLS 1.2 cryptographic standard and dynamic IP restriction;
- Ability to configure caching and firewall mechanisms (WAF);
- Dedicated Admin panel to administer and govern the life cycle of sites;
- Native integration with other Power Platform products.
- Finally, since Power Pages is a superset of Power Apps Portals, customers and partners who have implemented solutions using Power Apps Portals in the past are not required to update or migrate their projects.
At the following link you can register and try Microsoft Power Pages for free for 30 days, it will be useful for the next article in which I will show you how to create the first website.
To stay informed about Microsoft Power Pages follow my next articles and join the official Power Pages User Group Italy for free. By signing up, you will be able to participate in discussions, expand your network of contacts, participate in organized events and consult the resources made available.
Thanks for reading, Danilo.