The best of what’s next. Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world. Microsoft Ignite offers global experiences, localized content, in-person opportunities, and more—it’s a new kind of Ignite.
UPDATE: All the below links now work to review content on-demand, with a few exceptions that were in-person only at the Seattle Convention Center.
- What: Microsoft Ignite to learn more | Session Scheduler
- When: October 12 – 14, 2022 | Hybrid event: Global Digital Core, Seattle Convention Center, regional ‘spotlights’
- Next Ignite dates announced: November 15-16, 2023 – Save the date (Sign up to be one of the first to know when registration opens)
- Sessions: 800+ sessions globally | 16 keynotes, Core theme, and Into focus | 120+ breakouts | 120+ ATEs | 130+ on-demand … and more skilling offerings live and digital
- Presenters: Microsoft, MVPs, and community members
- Twitter & hashtag: @MS_Ignite | #MSIgnite
- Cost: Digital Core is Free | Limited onsite passes for Seattle Convention Center (SCC): $1,896 USD/person | Regional spotlight events are free (China, France, Japan, Germany, Latin America, and UK).
The main theme for Microsoft Ignite is “Do more with less with the Microsoft Cloud” broken into curated topics designed to accelerate your tech expertise: 1) Be data driven and optimize with Azure, 2) Deliver efficiency with automation and AI, 3) Re-engage your workforce with Microsoft 365, 4) Innovate with a cloud developer platform, and 5) Protect everything, everyone, everywhere.
“Be passionate and bold. Always keep learning. You stop doing useful things if you don’t learn.” – Satya Nadella
That statement applies to people and work culture worldwide. Microsoft Ignite is for the ‘learn it all’ in us all, not the ‘know it all.’ To help, the Viva, Syntex, SharePoint, OneDrive, Lists, Planner/Project, Stream, Project, Visio, and more groups are prepping speakers and content – fired up and ready to help dig in – to ignite your passion and help you shift into the high-learning gear!
This blog is your guide loaded with related keynotes, breakout sessions, on-demand sessions, and more – to help you navigate this subset of content within the whole of Ignite – both digital and onsite at SCC. We’ll keep it up to date – before, during and after Ignite (now after the show, most all content is available on-demand using the same links below).
Steady your minds — be well, be useful, flag your favorites from below, and engage. The community (woop woop) awaits.
Keynote, breakout, and on-demand sessions for Viva, Syntex, and related technology
Below is a subset of Ignite content to hear more and learn more about Viva, Syntex, SharePoint, OneDrive, Lists, Stream, Visio and related technologies. Note: All times listed in the US PDT time zone.
Keynotes and core themes
Hear from Microsoft leadership revealing the latest innovations shaping the flexible, innovative, and secure business environments of the future.
- “Microsoft Ignite Opening” (KEY01) | Speaker: Satya Nadella | October 12, 9:00 AM – 9:50 AM
- “Re-energize your workforce in the office, at home, and everywhere in between” (TS03) with Jared Spataro | October 12, 11:05 AM – 11:25 AM
- “Unlock new experiences about Microsoft 365 to lower costs and empower employees” (BRK34) with Colette Stallbaumer, Jason Gregory, and Thao Le | October 12, 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- “Microsoft Ignite ‘Into Focus’: Microsoft 365 and Next Gen Collaboration” (KEY08H) | Speakers: Jeff Teper and Karuana Gatimu | October 13, 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- “From low code to pro code: Building and buying collaborative apps to power an evolving workplace” (BRK32) with Graham Sheldon, Miti Joshi, Paul Gildea, and Sukhmani Lamba | October 12, 3:00 PM – 3:45 PM
Take the opportunity to select the sessions best suited for your role and interests. All breakouts are packed with news, demos, customer stories, and insights into product and solution strategy.
- “Introducing Microsoft Syntex – Content AI for the Microsoft Cloud” (BRK36) | Speakers: Jeff Teper, Kristen Kamath, and Chris McNulty | October 13, 11:00 AM – 11:30 PM
- “Microsoft Viva: Latest innovations and roadmap for the new digital employee experience” (BRK30) | Speakers: Seth Patton, Kirk Gregersen, Malavika Rewari, Liz Sundet, and Geeta Ramakrishnan | October 13, 12:00 PM – 12:40 PM
- “Microsoft Teams: Supercharge the who, where, and how of work” (BRK31) | Speaker: Nicole Herskowitz | October 12, 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- Related ATE after | “Ask the Experts: Microsoft Teams: Supercharge the who, where, and how of work” (CATE31H) | Speakers: Meera Ajam, John Gruszcyk, Zoe Hawtof, Abby Schilbach, Stephen Rose, Caroline Stanford, and Barbara Kim | October 12, 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM [live, interactive]
- New Microsoft Mechanics show with Omar Shahine, CVP SharePoint and OneDrive | “Introducing Microsoft Syntex | Content AI”
On-demand sessions, virtual roundtable discussions, and podcast
The learning and skilling continue, on your own time. On-demand sessions are the double-click into soaking up more knowledge, seeing more of the ‘what’s next’ – in context.
- “Viva Goals: A practical guide to OKRs” (OD22) | Speakers: Lucy Hitz and Liz Pierce
- “Embrace a new way of work with Microsoft 365” (OD23) | Speakers: Mukul Kumar, Irfan Shahdad, and Steven Jia
- “Improving the Review and Approval of Contracts with Microsoft Teams, Power Automate, and SharePoint …” (CDB07) with Chris Bortlik | October 13, 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM
- “Modernize your learning stack with Microsoft Viva Learning” | Speakers: John Mighell and Shivam Garg
- “Video in the flow of everyday work: What’s new with Stream (on SharePoint)” | Speakers: Chris Pratley and Marc Mroz
- “What’s new in security and management of content across Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive” | Speakers: Sesha Mani and Yogesh Ratnaparkhi
- Virtual roundtable: “Administration & Governance of SharePoint sites associated with 3rd Party Apps” (PRT023) led by Dhara Gandhi and Namitha Vasudevan | October 13, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Virtual roundtable: “What’s next for OneDrive: Home and Shared” (PRT021) led by Toni Saylor, Elizabeth Matzen, Rachel Hungerford, Lesha Bhansali, Liz Scoble, Olga Dalecka, Carlos Perez, Janice Kim, and Janet Longhurst | October 13, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Virtual roundtable: “Syntex Document Understanding and Controls” (PRT022) led by Nicole Hill, Dieter Jansen, Sean Squires, Kristin Kamath, and Kusum Joshi | October 13, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Virtual roundtable: “How can Viva Connections support all your employees?” (PRT020) led by Nicole Hallinen, Tejas Mehta, Christina Ray, Ed Averett, and Chatherine Chuaga | October 13, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Virtual roundtable: “Leveraging Viva Engage as a tool for building personal brand” (PRT018) led by Amelia Williams | October 13, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Virtual roundtable: “New experiences to engage leaders and employees in Viva Engage” (PRT019) led by Dan Holme, Adrienne Trudeau, Stephanie Cruz, and Adam Barzel | October 13, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- New The Intrazone podcast episode “Microsoft Syntex – Content AI for the Microsoft Cloud” with guests Ian Story and Alan Pelz-Sharpe, co-hosted by Chris McNulty and Mark Kashman
Onsite, in-person at the Seattle Convention Center (SCC)
Level up your skills as Microsoft, industry, and partner experts guide you through the latest technology with immersive demos and live sessions. Plus, connect and collaborate with your community both in person and digitally. Space is limited—reserve your spot by registering today.
- Expert meetup: “Expert meet-up: Employee experience and content + AI (Microsoft Viva and Syntex)” (WACEM09) | SMEs: Naomi Moneypenny, Kristin Kamath, Sean Squires, Michael Davis, Michael Holste, and Chris McNulty – plus MVPs: Treb Gatte and Mario Fulan | October 13, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Ask the experts: “Introducing Microsoft Syntex – Content AI for the Microsoft Cloud” (WACATE36) | Speakers: Chris McNulty and Mark Kashman (moderator) | October 13, 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- Skilling lab: “Unleash the value of your content with Syntex” (WACSL113) with James Eccles, Lauri Ellis, and Karl Harriau, October 12, 3:00 PM – 3:45 PM
- Table Topic: “How To Roll Out Microsoft Viva to Drive the Employee Experience” (WACTT04) led by Microsoft MVP, Jeff Willinger | October 12, 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Additional sessions and content guides for Microsoft Ignite
+ take your learning beyond Ignite and join in one of the 100+ worldwide *Community-led After Parties* – hosted by your local tech community in your preferred time zone and language below.
Related Microsoft Ignite product announcement blogs (all published on Oct. 12th at 9am PDT)
+ take a full look at the managed press release for the whole company: Microsoft Ignite ‘Book of News‘.
Get prepared and have a great Ignite
For the best event experience, make sure you are registered so you can view content during the live event and access all content on-demand after the event is over. If you are registered, you will be able to stream on-demand, but sessions will not be enabled for download or offline viewing.
Visit the session scheduler to explore and discover compelling content. You can refine results by time, session type, industry and more. Simply click the “Add to schedule” button to place a session on your customized schedule, or the RSVP button if it a session with limited capacity.
And don’t miss the Connection Zone and Learning Zone to jumpstart your digital experience through interactive engagements and immersive, interactive experiences and skill-boosting. A lot of something for everyone. There, too, is a lot of new details about the Seattle in-person experience. Plus, check out the Microsoft Ignite Spotlights – A new experience with connection opportunities that help you gain insights from local leaders, partner experts, and your community. Available to all digitally with in-person options.
Learn more at Microsoft.com/Ignite + event FAQs and follow the action on Twitter: @MS_Ignite, @Microsoft365, @SharePoint, @OneDrive, @Project, @MSVisio and @MicrosoftStream.
Mark Kashman, senior product manager – Microsoft