- What: Microsoft Ignite to learn more | Register today | Session Scheduler
- When: November 2 – 4, 2021 | All digital event
- Sessions: 12 keynotes || 393 overall sessions | 50 breakouts | 123 on-demand
- Presenters: 250+ speakers | Microsoft, MVPs, and community members
- Twitter & hashtag: @MS_Ignite | #MSIgnite
- Cost: Free
“Hybrid work represents the biggest shift to how we work in our generation.”
– Satya Nadella
That statement applies to organizations worldwide. And it will require a new operating model, spanning people, places, and processes. To help, the SharePoint, OneDrive, Viva, Lists, Syntex, Planner, Stream, Visio and more groups delivered many sessions, answered questions, and engaged – to assess this shift and help shift you into high-learning gear!
FYI, we refer to this grouping of products as ODSPV.
Thus, this blog is The Microsoft Ignite ‘ODSPV Guide’ – easy to get to by typing aka.ms/Ignite/ODSPVGuide into your browser anytime. This guide is loaded with related keynotes, breakout sessions, on-demand sessions, a post-Ignite Viva AMA event, and more – to help you navigate this subset of content within the whole of Ignite. We’ve kept it up to date – before, during and after Ignite – and pleased to share that all content listed below is now available for on-demand playback on your time.
Steady your minds, be well, find your favorites, and engage. We’re all ‘learn it alls’ in the end (of Ignite).
[Times listed in the US PDT time zone]
Keynotes and core themes
Hear from Microsoft leadership revealing the latest innovations shaping the flexible, innovative, and secure business environments of the future.
- “Microsoft Ignite Opening” (KEY01) | Speaker: Satya Nadella | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 2, 8:15 AM – 8:50 AM
- “Empower everyone for a new world of hybrid work” (CTS01) | Speaker: Jared Spataro | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 2, 8:55 AM – 9:20 AM
- “Microsoft Into Focus: Modern Work” (KEY03) | Speakers: Amisha Bhatia, Christiaan Brinkhoff, Karuana Gatimu, Joshua Leporati | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 2, 2:45 PM – 3:30 PM
- “Reimagine a new era of business” (CTS02) | Speaker: Charles Lamanna and Alyssa Taylor | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 2, 9:30 AM – 9:55 AM
Take the opportunity to select the sessions best suited for your role and interests. All breakouts are packed with news, demos, customer stories, and insights into product and solution strategy.
- “Microsoft Viva: Latest innovation and roadmap for the new digital employee experience” (BRK204) | Speakers: Seth Patton, Chuck Friedman, Sunita Khatri, Abe Lubetkin, and Geeta Ramakrishnan | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 2, 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM
- “Rich, secure content and collaboration for hybrid work” (BRK206) | Speakers: Jeff Teper, Lincoln DeMaris, Ian Todd, Naomi Moneypenny, Navjot Virk, Cathy Dew, and Yina Arenas | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 3, 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- “Microsoft Teams: Thrive with hybrid work” (BRK202) | Speaker: Nicole Herskowitz | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 2, 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM
- Related ATE after | “Ask the Experts: Microsoft Teams” (CONATEBRK202) | Speakers: Stephen Rose and Darrell Webster | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 2, 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM [live, interactive]
- “Office: The universal interactive canvas for all creators” (BRK201) | Speaker: Wangui McKelvey | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 3, 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- “The future of business is seamless collaboration – how Teams + Power Platform engage your entire wor…” (BRK233) | Speaker: Ryan Cunningham and Dave Jaworski | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 3, 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM
- “Getting started with Microsoft Viva Connections extensibility” (CONLL112) | Speakers: Vesa Juvonen and Waldek Mastykarz | Now available on-demand – originally aired: November 3, 8:30 AM – 9:45 AM
- New Microsoft Mechanics show with Omar Shahine, CVP SharePoint and OneDrive | “New hybrid work and collaboration experiences across Microsoft 365 to save you time” Now available on-demand
- New Microsoft Mechanics show with Mukul Kumar, senior product manager (Visio) | “See Why Microsoft Visio is Available to More Users. Plus, Recent Updates” Now available on-demand
The learning and skilling continues, on your own time. On-demand sessions are the double-click into soaking up more knowledge, seeing more of the ‘what’s next’ – in context. All are now available for on-demand playback…
- “Viva Learning is now available: What you need to know” (OD108) | Speakers: Saurabh Gaur and John Mighell
- “How Microsoft Viva Insights fosters wellbeing and productivity across a hybrid work culture” (OD107) | Speakers: Erik Anderson and Ekta Aggarwal
- “Culture and communications: Explore Viva Connections, SharePoint, and Yammer” (OD111) | Speakers: Andy Haon, Dan Holme and Steve Nguyen
- “Accelerating business content process with Knowledge and Content Services – Viva Topics, SharePoint Syntex, Search, and more” (OD118) | Speakers: CJ Tan, Chris McNulty, and Sean Squires
- “What’s new for file experiences in OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams in Microsoft 365” (OD109) | Speakers: Ankita Kirti, Arjun Tomar, and Carter Green
- “What’s new with Microsoft Lists” (OD117) | Speakers: Harini Saladi and Sahil Baid
- “Video and Microsoft Stream in Microsoft 365 – Powering Communication, Training, and Knowledge Sharing for the Hybrid Workplace (OD110) | Speakers: Chris Pratley and Owen Paulus
- “What’s new for SharePoint: Solutions, templates, pages, and more” (OD119) | Speaker: Cathy Dew
- “What’s new for developers building apps that power the hybrid workplace” (OD105) | Speakers: Todd Anglin, Ed Averett, Ben Summers, and Rabia Williams
- “Seamless external collaboration with Teams Connect, shared channels” (OD102) | Speakers: Arun Das, Roshin Lal Ramesan
- “Three steps to manage your frontline workforce for the hybrid world” (OD106) | Speakers: Zoe Hawtof and Tulsi Keshkamat
- “Microsoft Viva Topics: What’s New and Next” | Speakers: Naomi Moneypenny, CJ Tan, Kerem Yuceturk, Maeneka Grewal, and Eric Gradel
- “Learn how SharePoint Syntex uses AI to transform the future of business content processes” | Speakers: Ankit Rastogi and Sugandha
- “Making the most of Microsoft Search” | Speaker: Bill Baer
- “A look at Microsoft Visio now and beyond” | Speakers: Shilpa Goyal and Aakanksha Raj
- “Create professional diagrams anytime, anywhere, with anyone” | Speakers: Tripteesh Kaur and Fredric Morgan
- “Coming soon to work management tools in Microsoft 365” | Speaker: Cathy Harley
Microsoft Ignite post-event, ½-day AMA
- When: November 16th from 8am – 12pm PDT
Join us for a half-day, interactive Q&A session designed to help you plan and prepare for what’s new and next for Microsoft Viva. This is your chance to connect with our product teams and engineers, get answers to your questions, gain valuable insights, and hear best practices. We will be hosting four Ask Microsoft Anything (AMA) Viva sessions, each one-hour long, on the following topics:
- Microsoft Viva: Product scenario and overview [8-9am]
- Microsoft Viva: Preparing your environment [9-10am]
- Microsoft Viva: Deployment and adoption [10-11am]
- Microsoft Viva: Partners and extensibility [11am-12pm]
Interactive engineering research sessions throughout
The OneDrive and SharePoint engineering team is conducting interactive research sessions during Ignite. Session topics include OneDrive, SharePoint, Microsoft Lists, Viva Connections, and Viva Topics.
Ignite is now over and we thank everyone who participated.
25+ related product news blogs
- “Microsoft Ignite ‘Book of News’ 2021” by Frank X. Shaw
- “What is new in Microsoft 365- How we’re empowering everyone for a new world of hybrid work” by Jared Spataro, CVP Microsoft 365
- “Rich, secure content and collaboration for hybrid work – Ignite 2021 announcements” – by Jeff Teper, CVP OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams
- “Microsoft Viva is now generally available to help transform your hybrid work experience” by Seth Patton, GM Microsoft Viva
- “Microsoft Office—Transforming for the hybrid world“ by Wangui McKelvey, General Manager Microsoft 365
- “Microsoft Ignite Fall 2021: Innovations coming to Microsoft Teams” by the Teams team
- “Viva Learning now generally available!” by John Mighell, senior product marketing manager
- “New Microsoft Viva Insights capabilities to help individuals, managers and team leads foster wellbei…” by Abe Lubetkin, senior product marketing manager
- “Microsoft Viva and Glint join to help organizations transform the employee experience” by Glint Team
- “Microsoft Viva Topics helps unleash collective knowledge with new features at Ignite – November 2021” by Chris McNulty, director product marketing
- “Learn about the future of SharePoint Syntex at Microsoft Ignite” by Chris McNulty, director product marketing
- “Creating a hub for your content with Office.com” by Bill Doll, senior product manager
- “What’s new and coming to files experiences in Microsoft 365” by Ankita Kirti, product marketing manager
- “Microsoft Lists announcements – Ignite 2021 (Nov.2-4)” by Mark Kashman, senior product manager
- “What’s new for Yammer – Ignite 2021 edition” by Murali Sitaram, CVP, Yammer and Microsoft 365 Groups
- “What’s new in Microsoft’s work management apps: Planner and Project” by Paul Diamond, product marketing manager
- “Ready, set, lift-off with video in Microsoft 365” by Owen Paulus, partner group program manager
- “Announcing new Microsoft Viva partner integrations“ by Geeta Ramakrishnan, senior product marketing manager
- “Deploy Microsoft Viva with ease across your organization” by Geeta Ramakrishnan, senior product marketing manager
- “What’s new in Security and Compliance in SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams – Microsoft Ignite 2021” by Sesha Mani, Principal GPM
- “SharePoint Server Subscription Edition General Availability” by Bill Baer, senior product manager
- “Profile customization with AAD and Microsoft Graph connectors” by Bill Baer, senior product manager
- “What’s new and what’s next with Microsoft Search Federation” by Bill Baer, senior product manager
- “What’s new and what’s next for Microsoft Graph connectors” by Bill Baer, senior product manager
- “Microsoft Graph @ Ignite 2021” by Microsoft Graph team
Additional pre-Ignite session guides
You can also review the following planned related guides to other technology – your gateways to the learning pathways you seek:
Summary | Ignite 2021 (November 2-4) [virtual]
Connect with Microsoft experts and your world-wide community – to explore the latest tools, training sessions, technical expertise, networking opportunities, and more. Microsoft Ignite features four curated themes exploring transformation, revealing the trends shaping the new flexible business environment. It is for anyone who is motivated to be on the frontier of innovation and tech. We want you to thrive in times of change by embracing opportunities to hone technical skills, create connections, and learn new ways to innovate.
Join locally. Connect globally:
- Create your agenda and meet the speakers.
- Explore learning modules to sharpen existing skills or add new ones.
- Check out the Featured Partners who help bring Microsoft Ignite to life.
- Discuss topics with experts and peers, check out fun activities, and connect with your global community.
For the best event experience, make sure you are registered so you can view content during the live event and access all content on-demand after the event is over. If you are registered, you will be able to stream on-demand, but sessions will not be enabled for download or offline viewing. Visit the session scheduler to explore and discover compelling content. You can refine results by time, session type, industry and more. Simply click the “Add to schedule” button to place a session on your customized schedule, or the RSVP button if it a session with limited capacity. And don’t miss the Connection Zone and Learning Zone to jumpstart your digital experience through interactive engagements and immersive, interactive experiences and skill-boosting. A lot of something for everyone.
Mark Kashman, senior product manager – Microsoft