It’s no secret that more and more organizations are making Teams Phone their cloud calling solution, with over 17 million users enabled for PSTN calling. But we also understand that it can be daunting to begin the journey, so last year we released an easy-to-use Teams Phone setup guide to help Teams administrators setup, configure, and manage Teams Phone for their organization. The setup guide walks through the steps and guidance to enable users, configure settings, setup call queues and auto attendants, integrate with existing telephony infrastructure, test your network, and more.
Now, we’re excited to announce that the Teams Phone setup guide has been enhanced to provide even more guidance and address additional scenarios, including key improvements such as:
- Discovery and planning guidance
- Phone number assignment
- Shared calling guidance
- Integration of self-help diagnostic tools
This video walks through the end-to-end experience of using the Teams Phone setup guide to plan for your deployment (including identifying which PSTN calling plan option(s) are right for your organization), deploying Teams Phone/configuring settings, and assigning phone numbers to user.
How to use the Teams Phone setup guide?
The Teams Phone setup guide consists of three sections, each with a list of tasks and guidance to plan for and configure your deployment:
- Discovery and planning: Build and export your deployment plan, including capturing requirements, building project timelines, and identifying/assigning key stakeholders
- Deploy Teams Phone: Configure settings to enable your users, including steps to assign licenses, configure call queues/auto attendants, and setup emergency calling
- Assign phone numbers: Assign phone numbers and associated emergency locations to users, based on your organization’s preferred PSTN calling plan option(s)
You can check the status of each task and see the details and instructions by clicking on the task name. You can also mark the tasks as done or skip them if they are not applicable to your scenario. The setup guide will show you your progress and give you feedback on your configuration, and you can also use the setup guide to troubleshoot common issues and access support resources.
Ready to get started?
Getting started with the Teams Phone setup guide is as simple as navigating to aka.ms/TeamsPhoneSetupGuide, which will navigate to the Microsoft 365 admin center (note that Admin access is required). The Teams Phone setup guide is included in the “Collaboration and voice” section of the deployment guide page.
Additionally, deployment assistance from Microsoft 365 FastTrack Specialists is available for customers with 150 or more licenses from eligible plans. To request help from FastTrack, submit a request for assistance.