In case you are setting up your M365 and setting up Exchange Online in the process, your Email URL is: https://outlook.office365.com/mail/
But, you see the below error which reads as
No License Exception
Here’s why you see the Exception.
- If you open the User record in the Microsoft 365 Admin Portal, you’ll see that Microsoft Exchange Service is not seen in the list of Services.
- Now, let’s procure a trial for Exchange Online or any of the E3 / E5 plans which you plan to purchase based on your requirements. They have Exchange Online services available which will enable your Exchange Online mailbox.
In this example, I’ll start a trial because I don’t want to buy for Enterprise purposes for the sake of this example.
- Now, once I started this trail. And if you see the comparison chart above, you could even opt for other licenses that offer Exchange Online – say, Office 365 E3
Now, I can see that this license is available for me to assign to the user.
- And when I select the above license, I will see the Service available in the list as well.
- Save your licensing changes / preferences and let 5-10 mins pass for the services to be applied to the User.
And once you reload/refresh the Outlook web app, your mailbox will be available or retained (if it was expired on an existing license.)
Hope this helps!