In case you want to cleanup some background data in a Sandbox environment but your Bulk Deletion Jobs are failing? Here’s why.
Canceled Bulk Deletion
Below is what you would see –
- Once you set a Bulk Deletion job in a Sandbox environment, you notice the below –
The Bulk Deletion Job gets Canceled without even deleting a single record!
- There’s a specific reason for why this is happening. Let’s look below.
Here’s why the Bulk Deletion job keeps failing –
- The reason Bulk Deletion jobs are getting Canceled in the Sandbox environment is because of the Background Processes.
In case the Environment is in Administration Mode.
Open the Environment Power Platform Admin Center (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments) and Go inside the Environment.
Look for the Edit button.
- You’ll find that the Administration mode might be enabled. But besides that, the Background operations might be disabled.
This is causing the Bulk Deletion jobs to fail.
- And when you restart the process, you’ll find that the Bulk Deletion Jobs will start deleting the items and will be In Progress.
Hope this helps!
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate