BOT FOR CREATING A NEW APPOINTMENT IN OUTLOOK USING POWER AUTOMATE DESKTOP
Sending an automated appointment is very helpful when you’re reaching out to a wider business audience, you will not be able to create appointments manually one after the other. Automating this process will increase engagement and provide an effective experience for your attendees.
Automating BOT using “Power Automate Desktop” provides a simple and easy way to Create an appointment effortlessly.
Using “Power Automate Desktop” we can easily create and manage desktop flows, the robotic process automation (RPA) capability in Power Automate with a user-friendly interface.
In this blog post, we are going to see, how to Create an Appointment in Outlook using “Power Automate Desktop”
- Power Automate Desktop.
- Microsoft Outlook.
Flow Diagram of the BOT:
Steps to Follow:
- In Power automate desktop click on “New flow”
- Name the flow (i.e., Outlook_Appointment)
- At first, we Launch Outlook
- Select Menu-Item called “New Email” and click on “Appointment”.
- Set Appointment Date & Time.
- Fill the required details like Title and Location using “Populate Text field in window” Action
- Now we enter the Prime part i.e., “Invite Attendees”
- After filling the Attendees Mail Id, Click on Send
- After all the above process it’s time to close the Outlook
- It’s always a best practice to “Close the Application” once we “Launch the Application”
Let’s Run the Flow :
- First BOT will Launch the Outlook
- Then it will select the Menu-Item Called “New Email” & Select “Appointment”
- Now BOT will Set Appointment Date & Time, and Fill in the required details like Title, Location using “Populate Text field in window” Action
- Here BOT Clicks on “Invite Attendees” and fill the Attendees Mail Id. & Clicks on “Send”
- After Sending invites, BOT will close the Outlook
- Now it’s time to check the calendar whether it has an Appointment for 30th January 2022.
- We can see that we have blocked the slot from 11 AM-11:30 AM on 30th January 2022.
We have successfully executed BOT for “Creating New Appointment in Outlook” using “Power Automate Desktop” by Automating Whole Process to a Single Click.
I hope you found this blog helpful. Please provide feedback in the comment section and feel free to ask any questions.