If you have newly provisioned a Project Operations instance and if you’ve come across the below error message –
The error message says, “The background processing cloud flow is inactive. Approvals will be processed while you wait. Please report this to your administrator to enable background processing.“
Background Flow for Approvals
Here’s what it means when you see the above notification –
- You can go to the Power Automate portal (https://make.powerautomate.com/) and then navigate to the Environment on which Project Operations is installed on.
If you go to My Flows, you’ll see this Flow with the title “Project Service – Recurrently Schedule Project Approval Sets“
- You just need to turn this Flow on.
- This Flow comes from the Project Operations Solution in your environment.
- And you’ll see the same Flow here as well. And you’ll notice that it will be Off by default if you are in a newly provisioned environment.
- Once this is turned on, you won’t see the notification in Approvals.
Here are some Power Automate posts you want to check out –
- Select the item based on a key value using Filter Array in Power Automate
- Select values from an array using Select action in a Power Automate Flow
- Blocking Attachment Extensions in Dynamics 365 CRM
- Upgrade Dataverse for Teams Environment to Dataverse Environment
- Showing Sandbox or Non Production Apps in Power App mobile app
- Create a Power Apps Per User Plan Trial | Dataverse environment
- Install On-Premise Gateway from Power Automate or Power Apps | Power Platform
- Co-presence in Power Automate | Multiple users working on a Flow
- Search Rows (preview) Action in Dataverse connector in a Flow | Power Automate
- Suppress Workflow Header Information while sending back HTTP Response in a Flow | Power Automate
- Call a Flow from Canvas Power App and get back response | Power Platform
- FetchXML Aggregation in a Flow using CDS (Current Environment) connector | Power Automate
- Parsing Outputs of a List Rows action using Parse JSON in a Flow | Common Data Service (CE) connector
- Asynchronous HTTP Response from a Flow | Power Automate
- Validate JSON Schema for HTTP Request trigger in a Flow and send Response | Power Automate
- Converting JSON to XML and XML to JSON in a Flow | Power Automate